The Spirit of Adventure
I love everything about travel: the dreaming, the planning, the hustle and busyness of airports, the foreign territory, exotic foods, the lessons and experiences that lead to so much personal growth and the sweet memories post adventure.
For those of you who don’t know this about me, I’ve always wanted to work as a travel agent..
An agent of planning and organizing soul-filled adventures and dream vacations for others. It has transpired over time, but in a different way than I first envisioned many moons ago in 2001.
For my own pleasure, I have made it a point to go to a new land, every year, alone.
Why do I choose to do this?
It creates a platform for me to find comfort in the discomfort.
On these pilgrimages, there have been many opportunities that have been presented to learn more about myself in so many ways.
Part of my mission of crafting the retreat offerings has been to hold the space for women to branch out of their comfort zones and to take the leap into getting to know themselves better.
These annual retreats have been crafted with the following principles:
-To awaken the senses,
-To ignite the spirit,
-To hold the space to grow into a greater version of ourselves.
This is weaved together within a week of indulging in divine self-care practices, dining on delicious nourishing food, connecting and learning from each other all while exploring the beauty that Mother Nature has to offer.
Five Ways Travel Awakens your Spirit
1. Traveling reminds you of what a wonderful gift it is to be alive. What a blessing it is to witness and experience life from so many different ways. Cultivating this sense of gratitude can ignite a regular practice of gratitude when you are back home in your routine.
2. Travel invokes your creativity. Studies prove that experiencing new sounds, smells, language, tastes, sensations, and sights spark different synapses in the brain.
Invoking your creative fire can spark many new opportunities for you on your journey in life.
3. Traveling (especially on your own) gives you an opportunity to get out of your social comfort zones. You might find yourself dressing in clothes you don’t normally wear at home; you might flow into a more sensual version of yourself and LOVE it! I have found it to be so exhilarating to dress up and take myself out to dinner in a foreign land. A few years ago, I wined and dined myself in Sevilla, Spain en route to Marrakesh...forgetting an umbrella on one of the rainiest nights of the season. It gave me a good laugh:)
4. Traveling outside your comfort zone widens your perspective on life. Travel exposes you to many individuals from different backgrounds. This creates an opportunity to an enhance your sense of being open-minded to new experiences, new community connections and instills a sense of trust in this connection.
5. You never know who you will meet along the way…Each experience of meeting someone new presents endless opportunities in every way.
You never know who you will sit next to on a plane, who becomes your roommate on a retreat, or who you cross paths with in transit.
I have met some of my greatest teachers , friends and weavers of opportunities this way.
If your spirit is craving adventure and exploration this year, I invite you to join me this year on one of our upcoming retreats including:
Nicaragua:: March 2-9, 2019
Follow your bliss within nature, the jungle and the beach
Abruzzo, Italy:: July 28-August 3rd, 2019
Awaken your mind and spirit in a quaint village tucked away in the Apennines Mountains.
Ananda in the Himalayas, A Destination Spa, India :: August 3rd - August 11th, 2019
Named amongst the very best spas in the world. “Going to Ananda is more like a pilgrimage than a visit, with every moment designed to cultivate presence.” ~ Oprah Winfrey