This fresh and vibrant salad sourced with mainly local ingredients is packed with color, nourishment and flavor. The greens offer a load of nutrients to add a glow to the skin and cleanse the blood. The carrots provide antioxidants to the body. Beets support natural detoxification through the liver. Avocado provide internal hydration for the skin and naturally lowers cholesterol levels in the body. Pumpkin seeds are a source of essential fatty acids and provide zinc to the body, which boosts immune function and help reduce stress levels in the body. Raw sauerkraut improves digestive health, protects heart health and helps eliminate inflammation in the body.
- 4 cups greens of choice such as arugula, kale, watercress
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 beets, peeled and cut into half-moon slivers
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into slices
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup raw sauerkraut
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs, chopped (rosemary, sage, thyme)
- Himalayan salt
- Fresh ground pepper
Rinse greens and drain. Place greens in individual bowls. Add carrots and beets. Mix in avocado. Scatter pumpkin seeds over greens. Add sauerkraut. Drizzle dressing over salad just before serving. Enjoy!