What is a Yoni Steam?
You may have come across the lingo through Gwyneth Paltrow or Tia and Tamera’s blogs…forget about the Hollywood buzz. The art of vaginal steaming dates back thousands of years through indigenous African, Mayan, Native American, Caribbean, and Asian cultures. It is mentioned in early chronicles of Spanish friars.
A yoni steam is a warm steam bath for the vagina. It combines a customized blend of herbs and warm steam generated from a pot beneath a seat.
Yoni translates to ‘sacred seat' all encompassing of the reproductive system: physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Why would I do such a thing?
A yoni steam is a gentle way to bring warm steam and heat to the pelvis and to the womb, increasing circulation and energy flow. The moist heat opens up the pores of the tissues and the herbal infusion offers the medicinal benefits of the plants. The vaginal tissue is one of the most porous and absorbent of the entire female body. As a result, the steam is supportive for women’s reproductive, urinary and digestive health.
The customized blend of herbs is crafted together based on a client’s intake of her health concerns, symptoms and focus points.
A yoni steam is a very gentle process that does not involve any sort of high-pressure application of hot water or steam. The steam does not enter through the vagina itself, but rather the porous exterior tissues.
How long do I steam for?
The herbal infusion is placed into a pot beneath a yoni seat. During the session, a woman will sit comfortable on the seat. She is dressed comfortably and wrapped in a blanket to keep the body temperature warm. The steam session will last anywhere from 20-45 minutes. This time is devoted to breathing, meditating, reading, journaling and moving into a place of self-care.
What are the benefits that can be gained from a yoni steam?
- Steams can support reducing the pain, bloating and body fatigue that is associated with menstruation.
- Support reducing the stagnant blood flow that appears as brown or purple in the beginning or end of menstrual flow
- Can support toning and healing the vaginal tissues after birth
- Can enhance and increase fertility
- Can reduce the symptoms of menopause including vaginal dryness and discomfort
- Support natural detoxification processes in the body
- Can offer anti-microbial properties to the body
- Can support releasing stored emotions and trauma in the sacral chakra
- Invites a new connection with the female body and recognizing the sacred place of creativity and flow
Benefits vary from woman to woman
What are contraindications of doing a steam?
- IUD present
- Active Herpes outbreak
- Severe Infection
Who can benefit?
Any woman from the onset on menses beyond wise woman years, outside of contraindications listed above.
What type of herbs are used?
All the herbs used are food-grade, certified organic herbs.
Disclaimer: The practice of yoni steaming is a sacred wellness practice that is offered with the intention for each woman to devote to divine self-care. This service is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Those seeking treatment for a specific disease should consult a qualified integrated physician, preferably a holistic physician, prior to participating in the service.