This is a simple dish that can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner. It brightens plates on cold winter nights, and nourishes the body with vitamin C, antioxidants, fiber and minerals.
- 1 sweet potato, organic if possible
- ½ bunch of kale, organic if possible
- Prick your sweet potatoes each 2-3 time with a fork, then place them directly on the oven rack in the middle of the oven, above the foil.
- Turn the oven on to 425.
- Bake for 45 minutes for sweet potatoes/yams that are 2-3 inches in diameter. For sweet potatoes that are up to 4 inches in diameter, bake for an hour. For super large sweet potatoes, bake for an hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and slice open.
- Add large dollop of coconut oil, sprinkle of Himalayan salt and sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Blanching kale reduces bitterness and softens thick greens. To blanch kale, stir leaves into boiling water for a minute or two, drain, then immediately run under cold water.
- Massage a spoonful of coconut oil or cold-pressed olive oil onto kale to maximize nutrient assimilation.
- Blanched kale and sweet potato can easily be paired with your favorite protein source for more nutrient support.