Roasted Turmeric Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seeds are a clean source of essential fatty acids that offer anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and immune-boosting properties to the body.
These tasty seeds are an energizing snack, a great addition to a salad or colorful garnish to soup.
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Sprinkle of black pepper**
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 270 degrees.
- Mix pumpkin seeds, turmeric, salt, black pepper and coconut oil together in a bowl.
- Spread the seeds on a baking sheet or roasting pan covered in parchment paper.
- Roast for about 30-40 minutes. Keep an eye on them, as they can burn quickly.
- Remove and let cool. Store in airtight container.
**Black pepper is an excellent partner to turmeric; when consumed together, pepper increases the bioavailability of turmeric’s active ingredient, curcumin, by 1,000 times! Combine black pepper with turmeric whenever possible