Simply Summer Cooler
This simple drink is replenishing to the body, and an antidote for warm summer days.
Watermelon is loaded with lycopene, which is a carotenoid phytonutrient that supports cardiovascular and bone health. It contains an amino acid known as citrulline, which is converted into arginine. Arginine helps cleanse the blood. Watermelon also boosts the immune system and liver health with its high levels of Vitamin C.
Raw coconut water is unpasteurized, loaded with potassium and antioxidants. It helps hydrate the body and nourish fatigued cells.
Basil is noted for its potential anti-viral, antioxidant and anti-viral properties.
Mint offers soothing relief from digestive distress. Menthol, the active ingredient in mint, relaxes muscles by blocking the flow of calcium, the chemical messenger that causes muscles to contract.
- Handful of ice
- 2 cups raw coconut water
- 1 cup fresh watermelon, cut into chunks
- Handful of fresh herbs of choice (mint and basil are a nice combination)
- ¼ fresh lime, cut into thin slices
- Place ice in cup. Pour coconut water on top of ice.
- Mix in watermelon chunks, herbs and lime.
- Sip and enjoy.