This fall season inspired smoothie is a vibrant boost of nourishment for breakfast, lunch or afternoon snack. It’s loaded with vitamin A, B vitamins, rich in potassium, magnesium and essential fatty acids. The spices support adrenal health, blood sugar regulation and boost the immune system with their anti-microbial properties.
- 1 can, pumpkin puree (organic if possible)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, you can always add more for a richer taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves)
- 2-3 tablespoons soaked chia seeds
- 1 cup ice
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop plant based protein powder of choice
- Local honey or maple syrup, to taste
- Combine all ingredients except honey or sweetener into blend and blend until smoothie.
- After blending, pour into glasses, sprinkle a garnish of cinnamon on top and serve.
- If you are using chia seeds, soak them for at least 20-30 minutes so they can be easily digested.
- If you are using a sweetener, add to individual glasses as everyone has a different level of sweet preference.