- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Himalayan salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 13.5-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Fresh cilantro leaves (for serving)
- ½ avocado for garnish
- Melt oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Add carrots and onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring often, until carrots are softened, 15–20 minutes.
- Stir in broth and coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are very soft and liquid is slightly reduced, 40–45 minutes.
- Let soup cool slightly, stir in cinnamon and purée in a blender until smooth.
- Season with more salt and pepper.
- Divide soup among bowls, top with cilantro and avocado.