This beauties offer loads of health benefits to the body including protein, iron and potassium. They are so versatile and you can certainly explore with different flavor combinations.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwis
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oi
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with oil, salt and pepper on a baking sheet and roast, stirring once or twice, until deep golden brown, crisp outside and tender inside, 30 to 35 minutes.
- The leaves that are loose will be especially brown and crispy.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve.