This beauties offer loads of health benefits to the body including protein, iron and potassium. They are so versatile and you can certainly explore with different flavor combinations.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwis
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oi
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with oil, salt and pepper on a baking sheet and roast, stirring once or twice, until deep golden brown, crisp outside and tender inside, 30 to 35 minutes.
- The leaves that are loose will be especially brown and crispy.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve.
This liver loving smoothie will fuel your body, nourish your adrenals and support a glow from the inside out of your body.
- 1 avocado (ripe, peeled and pit removed)
- 1 frozen small to medium banana (ripe and peeled)
- 1/2 orange (peeled and seeds removed)
- ½-1 cup kale or romaine lettuce
- 1-1 ½ cups of coconut water, unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- Maca powder for added adrenal and hormonal support
- Bee pollen for an immune booster
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Enjoy!
2 cups gluten free oats
1 cup filtered water
1 apple OR pear, grated, divided
2 heaping tablespoons chopped almonds
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Pinch of Himalayan salt
Makes 2 to 4 servings
- The night before, mix the oats with the water.
- Cover and place in the fridge to soak overnight, or for at least a few hours hour.
- Soak chia seeds for half an hour before eating.
- Right before serving, uncover bowl of oats and stir in the rest of the ingredients, reserving some apple to garnish. Divide between bowls and garnish with grated apple, almonds, cinnamon, and honey or maple syrup, if desired.