- 1 cup kale or arugula
- 2 slivers grapefruit, peel removed
- 1/2 avocado, cut into chunks
- 1-3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 capful apple cider vinegar
- Himalayan salt, to taste
**Makes one serving
- Rinse greens.
- Place in bowl.
- Add avocado, grapefruit and pumpkin seeds.
- Toss with oil, vinegar and salt.
You can always top salad with your favorite protein such as salmon, chicken or red meat.
- 1 cup almond meal or brown rice flour
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan salt
- ⅔ cup coconut oil
- ⅔ cup maple syrup or honey **you can always decrease amount if sensitive to sugar**
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup finely chopped almonds
- ½ cup dried cranberries, unsulfured
**Makes 15 Bars
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture until combined.
- Add the oats, coconut, nuts, and dried fruit, and stir to combine evenly.
- Press the dough evenly into the 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake on the center rack for 20 – 25 minutes, until the edges are beginning to get brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack and cut into 14 bars.
- Store the bars in an airtight container.
This smoothie adds a little shimmy to your step in your busy day. If you are sensitive to caffeine, feel free to swap out the coffee/tea for naturally caffeine free herbal tea.
- 4 ounces chilled coffee, green tea or matcha tea **
- 4-6 ounces coconut water, almond milk, coconut water
- 1 banana (preferably frozen)
- 2 tablespoons whole almonds or almond meal
- 1 tablespoon flax meal or 1/2 avocado
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- small spoonful of chia seeds
- ground cinnamon, to taste
- cinnamon stick, for garnish
**Servings: 1 Serving
- Combine chilled coffee and fat-free milk in your Ninja blender then add the almonds.
- Mix until smooth then add the rest of your ingredients and process once more until smooth.