- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Himalayan salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 13.5-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Fresh cilantro leaves (for serving)
- ½ avocado for garnish
- Melt oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Add carrots and onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring often, until carrots are softened, 15–20 minutes.
- Stir in broth and coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are very soft and liquid is slightly reduced, 40–45 minutes.
- Let soup cool slightly, stir in cinnamon and purée in a blender until smooth.
- Season with more salt and pepper.
- Divide soup among bowls, top with cilantro and avocado.
This wrap will incorporate a rainbow of colors and nutrients. Feel free to mix and match with flavors and textures you love!
- 1 collard green
- 1/4 avocado, mashed
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced cucumber (about 5 medium thin strips)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (about 5 medium thin strips)
- 1/4 cup orange bell pepper (about 5 medium thin strips)
- Lay the collard leaf on a flat surface and spread mashed avocado in the middle of the leaf.
- Add the remaining veggies.
- Begin to fold the top and bottom flaps of the collard leaf toward the center.
- Fold the Side Closer to the Filling vver the Filling
- Starting with the Folded Side, Roll the Leaf Up
- Slice wrap on a diagonal.
This smoothie is geared towards supporting the liver, purifying the blood and kidneys.
- 1-2 cups water or coconut water
- 1 heaping spoonful of coconut oil
- 1/2 medium avocado, pitted
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 cup strawberries (frozen preferred), hulled if necessary
- 1-2 small/medium beet, ends trimmed and roughly chopped*
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 green apple (if sweeter smoothie is desired - optional), cored and roughly chopped)
- Handful of parsley or cilantro
- 3-4 ice cubes
**Makes 2 smoothies
- Add all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth.
*Please note if you have a hard time digesting raw beets, you can lightly steam them before blending.